Just finished a teddy bear beanie for Hayley. It was super fun to make, I hope it fits!
Brown wool is : Naturelle Chunky 14 ply 100% pure NZ wool.
Pink wool is : Mill Shop, Quick Knit 45% acrylic, 45% wool, 10% mohair. (feels like plastic when crocheting though….)
Approx Size : Small-Medium Women’s.
Pattern (In semi pattern-english. This is the first pattern I’ve written out so I hope it makes sense)
Teddy bear Beanie
- Ch – chain stitch
- Sl – slip stitch
- Tr – treble crochet
- Dc – double crochet
- Fptr – front post triple
- Bptr – back post triple
100g 14 ply 100% wool, brown
- teeny tiny bit of quick knit chunky pink stuff
- 5mm crochet hook (for brown)
- 4mm crochet hook (for pink)
Outer Ear (Make 2 – using brown)
1. Ch 3, 8 tr in 3rd ch from hook. Join round with sl
2. Ch 2, 2 tr in each tr around. Join with sl
3. Ch 1, *1 dc in next tr, 2dc in next tr* repeat * 7 times
4. Ch 1 turn, *1dc in next tr, dc decrease next 2 tr* repeat 7 times fasten off.
Inner Ear (Make 2 – using pink)
1. Ch 3, 6 tr in 3rd ch from hook. Join round with sl
2. Ch1 turn, 2dc, tr, 2tr, 2tr, tr, 2dc in next 6 tr fasten off.
1. Ch3, 10 tr in 3rd ch from hook, join round with sl
2. Ch3, 2tr in each tr around, join with sl
3. Ch3, *tr, 2tr* all the way around. Join sl
4. Ch3, *tr, tr, 2tr* all the way around. Join sl
5. Ch3, tr around increasing every 5th (2tr in every 5th stitch). Join sl
6. Ch3, tr around increasing every 10th. Join sl
7. Ch3, tr around increasing every 15th. Join sl
8. Ch3, tr around increasing every 17th. Join sl
9. Ch3, tr around increasing every 20th. Join sl
10. Ch3, tr around. Join sl
11. Ch3, tr around. Join sl
12. Ch3, tr around decrease every 20th (tr decrease each 20th and 21st stitch together). Join sl
13. Ch3, tr around decrease every 18th. Join sl
14. Ch3, tr around decrease every 16th. Join sl
15. Ch3, tr around decrease every 14th. Join sl
16. Ch3, *fptr, bptr* all the way around. Join sl. Fasten off.
Attach Ears to base. With brown wool